Friday 16 December 2011

3.0 - Tonal Sketches

Like a painting, if the values aren't established early on then applying colour will only make reading paintings, drawings or anything else difficult to read properly. Using Tonal Pen Markers I studied some various photographs and kept in mind where the light source is coming from. Once the grey pen tones were put down I then used a fine tip pen to put in the final shape.



The drawing above was a scene I made up from imagination, this was just experimenting with the different grey tone pens since I've never used them before. However,only using them for a short period of time I've found my sketches read much better and I can really control values with the pens. Each sketch takes a maximum of 20 minutes (this is due to the fact that the pen dries in quickly).





No comments:

Post a Comment