Wednesday 22 February 2012

Response to Production work

What I found from doing production work with Robin Ward getting a sense of distance with my paintings was somewhat of a problem. In order to resolve this issue I looked at referenced photos (from Image FX) to tackle this problem. By adding blue and adding grey I managed to achieve the sense of distance. 


This red rock painting was reasonably easy to establish however the distance rock was a challenge but I was making sure I could get the colours to read properly. 


Beach painting. This made me realise that by blocking in the maining colours and then working on highlights could create the sense of realism; simple is more.


Following from the beach painting I followed the same idea of block in main colours and then from there I can add smaller details to bring about a realistic style.

No comments:

Post a Comment