Sunday 12 February 2012

Matte Painting - Exploring Technique



Photograph of my flat entrance.


I imported the image into Photoshop and then blocked in the walls and made the overall image bigger then I added light and shadow and then applied a blue overlay. My main aim here was created tension with strong use of light and shadow, the fact that on the right of the stairs is a huge shadow creates uncertainty. With the use of one point of light this creates strong contrast with light and dark. Also I used a noise texture on the walls to get that 'grime' look. This was done in less than an hour and I was pretty happy with the result I maybe would have added more detail on the walls etc for more interest. But I will be working on this technique through sketchbook/digital paintings.

No comments:

Post a Comment